Monday, August 4, 2014

Art Journaling with Stickers - mambi Monday

I always LOVE adding words to my art journal pages. I don't always add words or quotes, but more often than not I feel the pages are not complete until they have words. One fun and easy way to do that is to use stickers. Now, I don't know about you - but I have a ton of stickers. It also doesn't help that my favorite place is the scrapbook aisles at Michaels.

Today I wanted to share some of the different ways I have used stickers in my journal. Since today is Monday, I thought I would use some fab mambi stickers. :)


On this page I created a background using acrylic paint and doodled with some pens (Pentel & Gelly Roll). I loved using my new favorite paint colors - Navy Blue & Gold. The Follow Your Heart is a clear sticker from me & my BIG ideas. These stickers come in black & gold too!! 


I can't wait to use more of these on my pages. I would suggest using some gel medium or Mod Podge under & over the stickers. Although they really stick well, this will help them stay put for the long run.


I have been wanting to use these super large letter stickers in my journal for a long time. I love their size! Of course they come in all sorts of fonts and patterns, but the ones I used today were plain white. Perfect! I could make them any color I like. First I painted them with two shades of blue. Once that was dry I painted some gold over top. To add a bit of depth, I went around th edge of each letter with my black Pentel pen and a light brown Faber Castell Artist PITT pen.


I think these letters would be perfect for a home decor sign or some subway art, don't you? Hmmm, maybe I need to add another project to my list. :)


Finally, I added this really cool Choose to be Joyful sticker to this sweet girl. I cut the sticker apart because I didn't like the way it looked on the page as one piece. Don't be afraid to whip those scissors out and snip away. 

 

Once the sticker was Mod Podged down and dried, I used my favorite black pen again to add some interest around the edge. I don't want the page to look like a completed page with a sticker slapped on top. I want the sticker to blend into the background. Using pen or more acrylic paint always helps!

There it is! Three pages, using three different kinds of stickers  - and making me super happy. :)

You can find the stickers I used right HERE

Happy Creating,

No comments:

Post a Comment